Wednesday, August 10, 2016

A New Season….

Well… I continue to be good at blogging once a year…LOL! I guess I feel like if I'm going to share, I might as well do it all in one Whack!

First let me say…I know most people keep up with Facebook and I tend to post our most entertaining moments and happenings there BUT I must say if I posted our not so entertaining moments there you would all think a lot differently about us…LOL! Facebook is good for just that "Happy faces that make you think we have it all together BUT rest assured we do not!" It is a work in progress around here everyday…. managing arguments, trying to make these "little" people do a chore or 2 so i don't lose my mind, trying to control my temper so I can help them control theirs, pulling teeth to make these people READ because all we want to do is PLAY, hopefully recognizing the little moments here and there that I can point them to JESUS in spite of my bad attitude, being content that the house is a DISASTER most days and trying to thank God for the Mess…. and on and on the list goes….Do you feel me?!? 

We are a normal (well not so normal) family who just survives one day at a time…one minute at a time (By the Grace of God)…I am just trying to keep my head above water most days... praying everyday that God will allow me to remember everything that has fallen through the cracks…. to redeem all of the mistakes I make in this job called "MOM"…. all the while trying to love and support my husband and keep home a good place for him to come home to….(Bless Him)…..without him….I would be extra crazy….He is the glue God has given this family to hold us together. I thank God everyday for this man of mine. 

Ok…here goes our happenings with the Kyle Clan…. 
I feel like we have entered yet another season of a new normal. The summer was great with all the kids being a little older and a little more self sufficient. The hardest part of every summer is what to feed all of these people 3+ times a day!!!! That is a feat in and of itself…BUT I survived!! Whoo hoo! 

We have decided to put Jada at Cedar Ridge in the 7th grade this year. It has truly pained me to have to move her away from the other kids and DHCA but we feel this is the best move for her right now. She needs some extra help with the language barrier and we are excited about what our public school has to offer for her in this regard. She will hopefully be a part of the Decatur City School EXCEL program for ESL students to help them learn the English language better so that they can progress better in the classroom.  Jada was SOO nervous this morning starting at a new place but I know she will be well taken care of and will make many wonderful new friends…She is definitely going to miss her friends at DHCA though. I covet your prayers that the Lord will clear just the right path for her to have some education successes and we can get her caught up to where she needs to be. God continues to remind me its not "MY" plan but "HIS" plan. 
Little Miss Aubree started Kindergarten today and what a happy girl she is that she gets to be in "big" school with her brothers and sisters….This will be the first time in 15 years that I haven't had a child at home with me….I'm READY for this new season!!!! I would be willing to freeze time right about now…these kids are fun and I love them at all of the ages they are…I still feel needed but not too needed (HA)!! I love watching them grow into the persons God has created them to be…each with their own unique personalities! 
Kennedy started 5th grade, Brayden Started Middle School and will be playing football for the first time, Jackson Started High School and Noah and Izzy get to be the Veterans! 
Jackson and Noah will be playing basketball together! 
Miss Izzy is falling into the Kyle Family Tradition of working at Chickfila in Decatur! She is ready to earn her own money and loves it! Many thanks to Barry & Karen Keith for the opportunity! 
Many Many New Starts!!

So many of you are so sweet to pray for us, inquire about us and do so many things big and small along the way to help us in all the ways we need it at JUST THE RIGHT TIME! God blows our minds on a daily basis of how He SEES it all small and big from needs of many shoes, clothing, emotional needs, etc. So many pour into each of our kids in so many different ways and for this I am eternally grateful!! It truly takes a "CITY" to raise 7 kids. 

We continue to be humbled everyday at the 7 souls God has placed in our care to raise in such a way that  Lord willing they will glorify Him all the days of their lives. My greatest prayer and desire for each of them. 
My verse for now that I will share is:
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest on me.

Till Next time
Much Love~
Heather


1 comment:

  1. Heather, God has blessed you, Tommy and each of the precious children. Thank you for all that y'all do. Love, Marjorie

    ReplyDelete