Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day 33...

Hello to everyone this Thursday:) We were blessed to have my dad (aka...Paw Paw) come to see us this week! He arrived on Sunday and oh how excited we all were to see him! As soon as we picked him up from the airport we were off to watch Jackson and Brayden play in a basketball tournament game. They have been fortunate to play each weekend we have been here and have loved it. The little team they have played with are a bunch of precious boys! It has been a lot of fun to watch them! After the game we went to the mall...it's so funny....you would think my kids had never been to a mall before because of the excitement they have when we go! Paw Paw bought them all a goody and smiles were on everyone's faces!! Paw Paw was so tired by the end of the mall experience...I told him he was walking and talking in his sleep! He only had an hour and a half of sleep the night before. My mom was in Texas when he left so he of course he waited to the last minute to pack his stuff...lol! I do take this trait after him:) He made it though....He passed out as soon as we got home and so did we!

We had a great few days together....Tuesday we were able to go a SCORE orphanage in Boca Chica. It is a girl's orphanage that has 37 PRECIOUS girls:) The youngest little girl was 1 year old and her name was Achante. My kids were so taken with her:) Jackson says...."Mom I think we might need to adopt her too..." OH MY! Brayden says "she is so cute, I can't stand it!". It does melt my heart that they have a heart for children:)) I will have to say though....that as far as the Lord has let me know....the next adoption to take place will rest with them when they get married and have a family-LOL! It was also very sweet to watch Izzy and Jada interact with all of the girls. I'm sure it was emotional for them to experience.  The orphanage is fairly new and they are in the process of finishing a beautiful kitchen and getting the grounds in good shape. They orphanage is looking for sponsors for each of the girls to help with school and living expenses. For 30.00/month you can meet their needs for this. If any of you are interested please visit SCORE's website and inquire or let me know and I will connect you:) They beauty is you can make a trip here and meet your sponsored child and build a beautiful relationship with them! It is a wonderful thing!!

The best part of the day was listening to these precious souls sing to us:) They sang "How Great is our God" in Spanish and English and "Mighty to Save" in spanish. SO PRECIOUS!!!  I cannot begin to express how awesome this was!!! It was a wonderful day for all of us!

After the orphanage we went to "The Highlands", which a Sports Complex in Boca Chica. The USA Major League Giants have a practice field facility there and we were able to go and give Brayden some batting practice. The girls shagged the balls for him and then Miss Izzy decided she wanted to try and hit some balls. Well, let me say all but about 2 went into the outfield!! She is really GOOD!!! Tommy got very excited:))

Yesterday we were able to go to a brand new water-park that just opened last week that is about 10 min from where we are staying. It was so much fun!! The girls have never gone anywhere like this before and it was priceless to see their faces as they came down the slides!! It was a great day!

Lastly...today has been quite emotional on many different levels. My dad and Brayden left this morning to head home. We all took them to the airport. We have prayed for Brayden until now that God would give him peace of mind and calm his anxieties of leaving. He was quite emotional but did ok. What we haven't prayed enough about was the emotion and anxiety of my other children. It was almost more than I could bear. When we got out of the van...Aubree says "Bubba, I give you a kiss and she did and just hugged him so sweetly:)) Bad enough for one to cry but to have 5 crying hysterically along with me, Tommy and my dad....it was BAD!! I have no idea what the people around us were thinking:)  I will admit on one hand seeing the love that has been established between all of my kids over the last 5 weeks was a most precious sight, but the pain in their cries was so hard to endure. I do praise the Lord for giving us a glimpse from time to time that He is in our children's hearts and that they have Love for each other and for others. God has been so faithful and He continues to grow our faith and trust in Him each and every day. The hardest part of today was realizing how difficult our departure on June 30 is going to be. How difficult to say "goodbye" and leave my girls here once more. We know it will only be for a month but oh how sad we are all going to be. The most difficult departure yet! I know God will go before us and prepare all of hearts for this but I do ask for your specific prayers on our behalf concerning this! Thank you:)

Here are a few pictures below of the orphanage and the water park we went to yesterday! Love you all and look forward to seeing many of you soon:))

Heather








No comments:

Post a Comment