Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Day 39 and counting.....

Well, it is hard to believe we are on Day 39 in the Dominican Republic. Yes time has flown in some ways but it has stood still in others-HA! I do love this country and the wonderful people the Lord has brought into our lives here. We have made forever friends with SCORE missionaries (friends we already had before this trip....we so enjoyed spending more time with them here) and "NEW" forever friends that have been brought into our lives on this journey:)

 Life here for the last 39 days has taught me to relax in the Presence of God...I read the Jesus Calling devotion everyday and most of each of the days we have been here have spoken to this. I have learned that we are a "BLESSED" People no matter where we live on this earth because God is with us each moment of each day....longing for us to rest in His Presence, His Provision and His Purpose for each and every one of us. I am grateful for this time that has grown mine and Tommy's faith and I pray the faith of my children.

 God has certainly continued to provide for us with a mountain of expenses and has certainly blown our minds by the amazing people that have so generously given to help us through this process. We still have a few hills yet to go but we are approaching the final destination very soon...ahhh that feels so good to know!! I just want to say "THANK YOU" once again to those of you who have helped us in this way AND in the gifts of prayer and encouragement!! Words just cannot begin to express our gratitude!

So here is the update for the last week:

We got my dad and Brayden off to the USA last Saturday.  We have been able to watch all of Brayden's games through Face Time on the Computer!! This has been great!! It has killed us to miss watching him play so this has been a BLESSING!! Many thanks to my sweet daddy who holds the i Pad up to the fence and commentates for us! Brayden's team went undefeated in their sub-district tournament and so they will host the District Tournament at our fields that starts this Friday!! The team as a whole has played Awesome and we are praying they have another GREAT Tournament!! We are excited to hopefully see the last half of their games played next week:))

We were able to get Izzy's hair done for her last Saturday. Carolina's mom is a hairdresser and she straightened and fixed Izzy's hair and I trimmed it. She was beautiful before but is even more breathtaking:)) She is a precious girl of very few words but we are starting to get her loosened up-LOL!

BIGGEST NEWS:
We went to CONANI and signed our last official adoption papers!! They are being processed and notarized then Lord Willing we hope to have them submitted to the court by Friday....NEED YOUR PRAYERS SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS!!!

We were able to meet with the Judge who will make final adoption ruling on our case on Tuesday afternoon. This was somewhat of a miracle that she would agree to meet with us since our case hasn't been submitted yet. We went to ask if she would allow us to turn power of attorney over to our lawyer so that Tommy and I would not have to be present when she gave the final ruling which will come 10 working days after the case is received by the courts. She granted us both permission to leave as planned this Sunday June 30:) I am thankful for this but Tommy and I are still both very torn over leaving the girls. We know the end is NEAR so this helps some!! So... we are starting to prepare today for the hard transitions were going to make in 4 days...

So I will leave you with My Jesus calling Devotion yesterday....May I continue to be thankful for ALL of the blessings God gives even if that only means just being able to walk and rest in His Presence Each Day!! Blessings and much love to all of you!!

Jesus Calling:

Open your hands and your heart to receive this day a precious gift from Me. I begin each day with a sunrise, announcing my radiant Presence. By the time you rise from your bed, I have already prepared the way before you. I eagerly await your FIRST concious thought. I rejoice when you glance my way!

Bring me the gift of thanksgiving, which opens your heart to rich communion with ME. Because I am God, from whom ALL blessings flow, thankfulness is the best way to draw near to Me. Sing praise songs to Me; tell of My wondrous works. Remember that I take great delight in you; I rejoice over you with singing.

This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
-Psalm 118:24

Heather

                                       The kids and their new sunglasses...missing Bray Bray:)

                                             Funny moments at a mall in Santo Domingo...
                                    We were able to take the girls to a movie:)) They loved it!

                                                   Our last dinner with our precious friends
                                              the Soto's! We are going to miss them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment